Recipe July 2013: Salad with beetroot, orange, bacon and caraway – served warm
Welcome to my July recipe. Beetroot is just coming in to season and is delicious both hot and cold. I will be using beetroot at the forthcoming farmers market in Kirkcaldy. I am also at the fringe by the sea in North Berwick Friday 9th August.
What you will need
- 300g boiled peeled beetroot.
- 1 tbsp Summer Harvest rapeseed oil.
- 4 rashers of streaky bacon.
- 2 tsp caraway seeds.
- Clove of garlic crushed to a pulp.
- Juice and zest of an orange.
- 1 tsp brown sugar.
- 3 oranges peeled and sliced.
- Salt and black pepper.
How to cook
- Slice the beetroots into about four then cut the slices into chunky batons.
- Cut the bacon into thin lardons.
- Heat a pan and add the oil, when hot fry the bacon until lightly browned and set aside.
- Add the caraway seeds and stir for a few minutes.
- Reduce the heat and stir in the garlic and add the sugar and orange, just bring to a boil.
- Add the beetroots, warm through and add the oranges slices, remove from heat season and gently mix through.
- Serve on four plates with the bacon strewn on the top.
Managing a Food based zoom meeting
I get all sorts of enquiries for all sorts of different jobs, but one I had recently was just wonderful. As a member of the MORE >
I am the chair of the Levenmouth Tourism Association, and we try to keep communication open with all “customer facing” enterprises in the region. As MORE >